Thursday, February 16, 2012

Life Too Short

Yesterday, I was starting to write a 3rd blog, but after doing it, I felt selfish. I thought, this one would be too nice to stay on some page that probably no one will ever read, so I resolved on posting it on my own. :D

I was hoping to post something grand or whimsical, maybe paradoxical but all I can think is about how short a time we have on earth. Yes, I know it's cheesy, but I cannot erase the fact that we do have this timeline in life, wherein we are given a period and it's up to us on how we can make each day count.

I have been with my boyfriend for almost six years, and I will be a hypocrite if I say that everything in those years were all rainbows and butterflies. We had our share of ups and downs. We fought hard, break up even, but at the end of the day, we still can't last without saying "sorry", and living the rest of the hours of the day hurting.


Valentine's day just passed, and soon enough it'll be March, then it's going to be 2013. It feels like you want to freeze time and linger to every happiness you feel in the moment. You want to seal all those smiles in a bottle, and keep it for as long as you like. It's as if reliving the moment is not enough. You just want to escape and be in a world unbound by time. If only such realm exists, everyone could just shift to it and never come back.

What I just realize though, that life cannot go any longer. It will always be short, because you still have a lot of things curled up in your sleeve waiting to be materialized, but not everything gets that chance to come into form, just like those cells left in your dad's who are meant to be your brothers or sisters. Not everyone has a chance to live, but you reading this, you do.


So let us all quit the drama, and just be happy. For a time, you'll realize that smiles will always outweigh those frowns and tears. Spreading love instead of hate is more valuable. And living a life filled with joy and passion would still be better, no matter how short it is.


2 comments:

  1. Nothing but the truth. Nice article Van!:p Well, life is too short to waste it on petty quarrels and non-sense arguments. Happiness to you and Carlo :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Onchie! Glad you like it and agree too! :D Yay! Also my best to you and Worduelle! :)

      Delete